Welcome to the homepage of Sion Cleaver, a bi-lingual freelance journalist living in South Wales. I am fluent in English and Welsh and mainly concentrate my writing on the beautiful game of Football. I have written for a number of websites and publications over the years, there is a list of them for you to browse through below.
Here’s a list of projects I am currently involved with, most of which are football related, some are not:
- Goal.com – News Writer – I write for the largest football-only website in the world, my duties include producing news articles, match reports, live text commentary amongst other football related articles. Some of my Goal.com work is also copied over to Soccerway and Scoresway. [Profile]
- A Different League – Blogger – My involvement with A Different League sees my write regular Swansea City blogs for the website as well as occasionally help out with news writing matters, I have previously been a sub-editor for the site. [Profile]
- The RISC OS Blog – Editor in Chief - I am the founder of The RISC OS Blog, a specialist computer website dedicated to the RISC OS operating system, since its inception it has come on leaps and bounds and that pattern looks set to continue.
I’ve also made a number of Radio and Television appearances in my time, here’s a list of my work in the last year or so:
- Sports Tonight Live – I make regular appearances on Sports Tonight Live, a Sports TV station on Freeview and Sky TV in the UK as well as online. My appearances normally sees me discussing recent Swansea and Wales related happenings.
- BBC Radio Cymru – I made an appearance on the Welsh language radio station BBC Radio Cymru, discussing Welsh Premier League outfit Port Talbot Town’s recent transfer dealings on the Saturday morning football show Ar y Marc.
Here’s a list of projects I have been involved with in the past:
- Sky Sports – Blogger – My time blogging for Sky Sports saw me produce regular Swansea City related blog posts for Sky Sports’ FanZone feature. My posts discussed all the latest happenings at the club from a fan’s perspective. The FanZone feature was moved to partner website TEAMTalk in February 2013, I have yet to have been published on said site.
- Back Page Football – Staff writer – Backpage Football is arguably the biggest football website in Ireland, my time with the site saw me provide regular analysis and topical feature pieces on the beautiful game. [Profile]
- Wrexham AFC – Welsh language Reporter – I used to supply the official website of professional football club Wrexham AFC with match reports and other articles in the Welsh language.
- Merthyr Town FC - Welsh language reporter - I used to produce match reports and other articles through the medium of Welsh for the official website of Merthyr Town FC.
- Brash Games – Staff writer - I wrote for the fastest growing video game news websites in the UK, Brash Games. I regularly post news and review games on the site. [Profile]
- RISC OS Now Magazine – Games Columnist – I wrote a regular video games column for the now defunct national computing magazine RISC OS Now.
I am available for freelance work and can be contacted through email.